The Northampton County Chamber of Commerce, The Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce, the Eastern Shore of Virginia Chamber of Commerce and the Tourism Commission announce a united effort to encourage cash flow on Virginia's Eastern Shore through the "Buy Local...For a Shore Economy" campaign.
The campaign will be carried out in a variety of ways, including:
- Media support by local radio stations and newspapers
- Sharing articles through chamber publications
- Working with our memberships to identify and help tell positive stories about businesses that are succeeding
- Offering visual displays to our businesses that remind people to buy locally
- Encouraging our businesses to provide incentives to aid local customers
It's simple to be a part of this campaign. Maximize your participation by:
- Registering your business as a participant by contacting one of our Chambers.
- Reproducing the downloadable Flyer and giving it to every customer/client/patient when they check out. (Please cut in 4)
- Reproducing the large flyer and/or tent card to display at your check out counter (check back soon)
- Including the downloadable Logo on your advertisements.
- Considering offering simple incentives like "locals’ night”, a free dessert, or 10% off final purchase on a specific day, etc. Be creative, but keep it simple.
- Letting us know how this campaign is affecting your business.
- Spreading the word!
Give us a call today, find out more and to share any ideas you may have for the campaign. We look forward to working with you towards a vibrant economy on Virginia's Eastern Shore.